PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Joy Journal

Hey Friends--

I am up to my elbows in last-minute family reunion stuff, so I thought I'd pull a post from my SoVeryVicki blog for you to enjoy.  I love this little joy journal I made last year.

Enjoy!
XO,

Vicki


Here’s a peek at the Joy journal I’ve been working on.
Isn’t it happy?
I just fell in love with that piece of vintage material on the cover.
So I decided to plan a whole book around it.
And how about that vintage green trim?
Love it!!
I plan on filling this journal with all the joyful things in my life.
(Click on any photo to enlarge).
Some of the photos are new, like this one from my parents’ 50th Anniversary party.
Isn’t that a great family photo?
And some of the pictures are old.
I just love this picture of my kiddos.
It’s just the kind of cheesy I love! : )
I left plenty of space to go back and journal.
Which I will do.
Eventually. : )
I will write about each of the fabulous people in all of my pictures.
I will be sure to include how each of them brings happiness to my life.
This picture’s been hanging on my bulletin board for years.
We took it at a 4th of July parade during a family reunion in Iowa.
Good times!
This is a little note that Christy wrote me last year.
It brings me JOY.
Of course I had to have a favorite books page.
It’s so hard for me to come up with a complete list of my favorite books.
It changes all the time.
I think I’ll just slide more cards in the pocket as my list changes.
I used a lot of vintage and found papers in this book.
The words on the left page are from an old children’s book.
I will write all my secret wishes about John and I and our kids on those two pages.
Last fall Christy and I spent one whole morning sipping lattes and making lists.
(I love lists!)
This list is of our Top 10 memories.
We’ve had a whole lot of fun together over the years.
(Isn’t her handwriting fun?)
Do you have a happy place?
Another list.
This one of 99 Happy Things.
A favorite picture from Paris.
My own list of happy.
A Vicki/Christy Bucket List.
A list of streets I’ve lived on.
I’ve been fortunate to have lived in so many great places.
Ta-Daaa!
As you can see, there’s still an awful lot I need to fill in before this journal is complete.
But that’s half the fun!
Journals are like mini time capsules, a step beyond a photograph.
Some day my kids will look through this and see “mom.”
Hope your day is happy!
XO,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment