PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Book Love


Hi Friends!
I've got to mention the book I just finished reading:  Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand.  Unbroken is the remarkable, true story of Louis Zamperini, Olympic runner and American WWII hero.  I had never heard of Mr. Zamperini before I picked up this book,  but I know I will never forget him or his story.  We live in a world that idolizes movie stars and athletes and calls them, "heroes."  Mr. Zamperini's story reminded me of what it takes to really earn that title:  courage, sacrifice, bravery, and perseverance.  It also reminded me to be thankful for all the people who are out there protecting our freedom. 

God Bless our troops.

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment