PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 24, 2011

Seeking Awesome


Hi Friends,

I've been thinking a bunch about priorities lately.  It seems like I've been in a busy pattern for months now.  Months.

I keep thinking, "when this is over, I'll have time."  Then "this" ends, and the next thing pops up to take its place.  Maybe it's just the season of life I am in, but "busy" just never seems to end.  All this "busy" has left me feeling kind of blue.  I'm tired of "busy." 

Two weeks ago, Pastor talked about relationships.  He said that relationships are never static;  you're either growing apart, or growing together.  This simple statement has kind of rocked my world.  It's so true.  When I'm working on my relationship with John, or a friend, or God, I feel awesome.  When I don't, I feel awful.  Without a doubt, I like "awesome" better.  But sometimes, I let unimportant things get in the way of working on "awesome."  Then I feel "awful." 

I've really been wondering why I do this.  Sometimes I do it because the unimportant stuff seems really important at the time.  Sometimes I do it because the unimportant stuff is easier than working on the important stuff.  And if I'm being honest, sometimes I'm just too lazy to work on the important stuff.  I take it for granted and assume that my important people will be there for me when the unimportant stuff goes away.

Today over on Turning Pages Annie talked about "friendship guilt."  I have written about Annie before.  She is a 20-something gal who is definitely wise beyond her years.  Annie referenced another blog where the author talked importance of taking care of Friendships.  After reading both of these blogs, I put 2 + 2 + 2 together and realized that I'm being sent a message.

It's time to work on priorities.  Today.

It's time to be awesome.

Because awesome trumps awful every time.

XO,

Vicki

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite quotes of all time is You always find time for the things you put first. Have fun being awesome. Great post.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making me think and feel a bit convicted. Lots of soul-searching going on here...

    ReplyDelete