PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 16, 2012

15 Days Into 2012


Hi Friends!

How are you doing with your One Little Word so far?  I thought it might be fun to check in and see how I'm doing.  I heard on the radio that most people abandon their New Year's resolutions by January 15th.  I'm proud to say I'm happily plugging along with this year's OLW, "Nourish".

So far in 2012 I've nourished myself in the following ways...

Mind:  I've read Sic, The Freak Observer and The Night Circus.  I finished my syllabus for the semester and planned out my course timeline.  I learned how to work the timing table during a swim meet. 

Body:  I'm 10/11 on the early morning workouts.  I skipped last Friday morning and used the snow storm as an excuse (lame).  I swam with Amy once and treated myself to a major massage. 

Soul:  I had a super-fun day with Maddie, Emily and Jack on Maddie's birthday.  I've had catch-up coffee dates with Tricia, Kyle, Karen and Laura.  I've gone to church each Sunday.  I went out to dinner with Karen.  John and I had Bob and Amy over for dinner.  I planned a birthday lunch for one of my Bible Study friends.  I am all set to go down and take care of my mom this week.  I baked for family and friends (including the yummy cupcakes above).  I got the Mother/Daughter book club invites mailed.  I finished my Christmas mini album, and made two mini albums as gifts. 

Huh.  Not bad, so far.  I need more "John" stuff, but in my defense, he was gone for a big chunk of the first two weeks of January. 

I love this year's OLW.  It's definitely working for me.



XO,

Vicki

PS  I am heading down to Chicago tomorrow to help my mom after her surgery.  I'm not sure how often I'll be blogging this week, but I'm going to try.  Please keep my mom in your prayers.  Thanks!

1 comment: