PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Don't Forget To Be Awesome

Hi Friends!
Have I mentioned that I have a huge crush on felt?  Well, I do.  I adore felt.  When I spied these fabulous pictures on Pinterest, I knew I had to try to make one of my own.  This project is super-easy, but I'm not going to lie--cutting out all of those letters took several hours.  On the plus side, I caught up on all of the early episodes of this season's Top Chef Texas.  : )  This quote just makes me grin.  I just love it. 

Here are the super-easy directions:  grab some fun felt, a sharp pair of scissors, some letter stencils and a fine-point Sharpie.
Flip over your stencil and trace your letter on your felt.  I know the picture shows a pencil, but that didn't end up working.  In the end, I used my extra-fine Sharpie and just dotted around the stencil.  Then I just connected the dots as I cut around the felt.
 If you checked out the original link, you'll notice that the artist sewed his/her letters onto material.  I wanted my art on a canvas panel, so I just used a little Tacky Glue and stuck them right on.
That's all there is to it!  Fun, colorful art with a great message!  You can't beat that!

Now go out there and be awesome!

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment