PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hopping on the "Project Life" Bandwagon


Hi Friends!

Did you have an awesome weekend?  We sure did! The weather here has been unbelievably fantastic.  There was plenty of jumping and reading outside and just a bit of get-the-beds-ready gardening. Of course, I'm not foolish--I know this weather is probably not here to stay (hello--this is Wisconsin!), so I can't even think about planting anything yet, but it sure is fun to dream about summer strawberries (our third season--should be a bumper crop!), vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh basil. 

Anyhoo!  This week I am on Spring Break (yahoo!), so I have the whole week to play!  I plan on getting out on my bikes (both my road bike and my vintage bike), and starting on my Project Life album.  I decided to jump on the Project Life wagon after seeing it in action on several of my favorite blogs.  I used to scrapbook all the time.  Each of the kiddos has several of their own Creative Memory albums.  But you know what?  It just stopped working for me for some reason.  I fell behind and got completely bogged down with feeling like every page needed to be an artistic masterpiece.  The entire premise behind Project Life is keep it simple.  Live life and record it.  It's not about a page with $12 worth of embellishments surrounding one photo.  I like the less-is-more premise.  I like that I get to record a week's worth of memories on a 2-page spread.  It seems to work for lots of my favorite bloggers, so I decided to give it a try.  I decided to go with the Clementine album (hello, orange, I love you) a Core Kit,and some pages.  That's all I need to get started.


The only other thing I bought were some completely cute flair buttons from Ormolu, because I know myself, I'm going to want to add a wee bit of dimension to my pages along the way:

And that's it.  I've never kept a family album before, so I'm pretty giddy about Project Life.  I know I'll still make some mini-albums along the way, but for now, I'm going to focus on keeping my Project Life album completely up-to-date.  Are you doing Project Life?  Want to join me on this adventure?  I'd love to have some friends do this with me!

Want to learn more about Project Life?  Click here.

Have a wonderful day!

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment