PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Midwest is Best

(source)

Hi Friends!

One thing I know for sure: you can take the girl out of the Midwest, but you can’t take the Midwest out of the girl. After growing up in the suburbs of Chicago and then going to school in the cornfields of Illinois, I am about as Midwestern as they come.  Oh, sure, I’ve lived a bit in other regions of the country throughout my marriage, but the Midwest always calls me home. I love the seasons, the variety of people and the genuine friendliness you can only find here. Midwesterners come in all shapes and sizes and have different ideas and political points of view, but it’s all good. I love my Midwestern values, and I’m glad John and I are raising our kids in the heartland.  (Although I’ve got to admit the coasts are wonderful places to visit!)

Hope you’re happy wherever you live!

XO,
Vicki

2 comments:

  1. I also grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, in Elk Grove Village. And then moved to NYC and now living in Arkansas! A town with only 1500 people! My hubby is from here and so I think we're here for good :) But I love that sign and it's so true! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy Minnesotan! :)
    Doncha' know?! :) ** teased relentlessly for my strong MN accent! I think it's flavorful and fun!
    Happy Thursday SWEET Midwestern Friend of Mine!
    xo,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete