PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Goodbye Olympics



Hi Friends!

It's so hard to believe that the Olympics are coming to an end!!  I am busy watching the wrap-up show right now.  Gosh, there were so many great moments from this year's Olympics, weren't there?  Of course, I love, love, loved every swim race.  I am so proud of each and every American swimmer.  I'm also happy for the gymnastics team, Missy and Kerry, the talented track athletes, and the women's soccer team.  Our US athletes really made us proud, didn't they?

My very favorite moment, though, didn't have anything to do with the Americans.  It was the moment pictured above--when Kirani James of Grenada won his heat, and then asked Oscar Pistorius for his bib number.  I loved the spirit behind that moment.  

Sometimes it's hard to remember that our Olympic heroes are just people.  Incredibly talented, dedicated people, but nevertheless, people just like you and me.  Mr. James embodied the spirit of the games with his gesture.  But I'm pretty sure he was just being himself--a person, like you and I, who was amazed at Oscar Pistorius' remarkable accomplishment.

Thank you, London, for hosting such a spectacular Olympic games. 

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment