PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Walk to Defeat ALS


Hi Friends!

On October 7th, I'll be walking as part of "Team Dar" at the Walk to Defeat ALS.  Dar is actually the mom of one of my dear friends, Robin.  She has been battling ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) for almost a year now.  I met Dar last month.  For the past three Thursdays, Robin and I have teamed up to clean Dar's house. It's the smallest possible gift I can give, but to Dar, who is hooked up to a feeding tube and battling to swallow, it seems huge.  Here's what I've learned spending time with Dar:  no one should have to live with ALS.  It's a bad one, friends.  Every time I leave Dar's house I am thankful that my parents and John's parents are healthy.  And every time I leave, I resolve to find a way to help in some way.  So I'm going to do what I've done so many times before:  I'm going to raise money and walk and try to spread the word. 

I know that there are many, many good causes out there.  And I know that times are tough.  But for Dar and all the others that are battling this cruel disease, I'm going to try and raise money for research and respite care.  I'd sure love it if you'd sponsor me.  You can follow this link to get to my fundraising page:
http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/Wisconsin/2051346094?px=3586101&pg=personal&fr_id=8230.

Thanks, friends.

XO,

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Vicki - thank you for this! We may see you there. Trying to pull some of the Marnocha family together. Jay's mom was diagnosed almost a year ago. :(
    Jan

    ReplyDelete