PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Rematch

 
Well, today's the day, a day that's been circled on my calendar since September 13th:  Bears vs. Packers--the rematch.  As you might recall, I foolishly dove head-first into yet another bet with my favorite obnoxious Packer friend, Karen, and once again, I lost. Yup.  My beloved Chicago Bears lost to the Green Bay Packers on that fateful September night, while I watched in horror surrounded by a stadium full of green-and-gold-clad Packers fans.   Today is the day that I was to have paid off my bet.  To say that I have been dreading this day for months would be an understatement.  I couldn't even imagine how it would feel to wear a Packers jersey, let alone watch the game in a public place while wearing said jersey. 
 
However, in what could only be described as an actual CHRISTMAS MIRACLE, I am happy to report that I do not have to wear a Packers jersey for today's Bears/Packers game.  Yes, that's right:  Karen is busy celebrating Christmas with her family today and has released me from my bet obligations!   I can't even believe my good luck!  This is even better than when Karen got the kidney stones!  This stunning turn of events has got me thinking today must be my luckiest day ever!  I'm thinking about playing the lottery, or maybe even taking Karen up on her offer of "double or nothing." 
 
Then again, I'm not that stupid, I know miracles like this do not happen every day. 
 
No bets, today, Karen.  : )
 
XO,

Vicki
 
PS  My refusal to take Karen up on her double-or-nothing bet IN NO WAY means that I do not have FULL CONFIDENCE in my Chicago Bears.  I know they are going to beat the Packers today.  At least, I'm pretty sure.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment