PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

At the Finish Line {Thoughts on the Boston Marathon}

 Hi Friends,

Like all of you, I am shocked and saddened by what happened at yesterday's Boston Marathon.  I can not even begin to imagine what it was like to be there during the attacks.  But I do know what it feels like to see the finish line on the horizon.  I know what it feels like to take those last few steps.  I know what it feels like to cross the finish line and have my name announced, to be cheered on by complete strangers.  I know what it feels like to know my family and friends are there to watch me accomplish my goal.  I know what it feels like to grab my child the minute I cross the line.
Each person who ran in yesterday's Boston Marathon deserved to experience the joy and triumph and pure bliss of the finish line moment. They should have been able to throw their arms up over their head and shout, "I did it!" as they crossed the finish line.   Sadly, for so many of those who were part of yesterday's Boston Marathon,  the finish line and all it represents will never be the same.  And that makes me want to weep.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have my family and friends get hurt because they were there to cheer me on.  It is simply unimaginable.  And so incredibly sad.
Today I said a prayer of thanks for each of my finish line moments.  Then I prayed for peace for all of those who didn't get their moment yesterday and for all of those who were senselessly injured because they wanted to make someone's finish line moment memorable.

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment