PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Smells Like A Man

Hi Friends,

So some big, exciting things happened this weekend.  Emily turned 17 (wow that sounds old!), and Jack got a haircut.  I know those things don't seem like they are related, but believe me, they are.  See, about 10 minutes after I shot that (totally staged) picture of Jack enjoying a piece of pizza, and about 15 minutes after he said with great emotion, "Man, I love pizza,"  Jack started smelling like he was 17.  I'm not going to lie;  it was a bit disconcerting.  It seems his hair stylist showed Jack how he could spike up his new hair with just a fingertip's-worth of hair gel.  This prompted a quick trip to Walgreens so we could purchase Jack's very first styling product.  As someone who is married to a man who has sported a buzz cut for the past 20 years, I was not familiar with the men's section of the hair product isle.  We looked around, picked things up and put them down, and Jack settled on the Axe Hair Putty.  We paid for our purchase and headed home.  I spent the entire ride home admiring Jack's new haircut.  Jack has gone through a slightly-longer-than-I'd-like hair phase for the past year or so, so his new fresh cut was making me giddy.  When we got home, I immediately made him go out on the deck so I could document his handsomeness.  As soon as I released him from his photo shoot, he went to mess with his new hair.  Within minutes he had transformed his hair, and in the process he went from smelling like an almost 12-year-old to smelling like a cologney-teenager.  Every time he passes by me I get a whiff of teenage boy.  He gets in the car and it smells like the guys at the gym.  It's kind of freaking me out.  I mean, until about the last six months or so I was still buying him Johnson's Baby Shampoo (is there any better smell on the planet?!?).  Sigh.  Maybe this new hair putty is God's way of telling me that my baby is growing up.  I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

XO,

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. haha awwww bittersweet mama!! when my baby brother started wearing cologne my sister and i tormented him. lol

    ReplyDelete