PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 30, 2013

Five for Friday!


Hellllooo, Friends!


It's Friday again!  Yahoo!  This week has completely kicked my bootie.  Swim team is in full-swing, and that means lots of practice, parties, and meets.  Yesterday we had an away meet and didn't get back until 11:30. This morning was the Senior Wake Up, and Emily and I were on the road at 5:30 to wake up swimmers for a team breakfast.  Good times, for sure!!  I'm hoping to use this weekend to catch up on sleep and time with John and the kids.  Fingers crossed!  Here's 5 good links for you to check out:

1.  I love the idea of commissioning a painting--wouldn't that make the best gift?!?  I'm not sure how I'd ever pick a photo, though, I have so many to choose from!

2.  I have some of the very best girlfriends (including my sister, Christy)--ladies I know always have my back.  I am so blessed to have friends who love me when I am not perfect or especially lovable, and friends who make me laugh loud and hard.  I love this post from The House of Hendrix, entitled, "35 Things I Want My Daughter to Know About Girlfriends."  I especially love #'s 1, 4, 20, 27, 30, 31, 34, & 35.  

3.  Do you read Momastery blog?  It's good, friends.  Glenndon's writing style is so funny and real.  I love it. Plus, she's not afraid to tell it like it is.  She recently did a 40 day internet "fast" -- no blogging, Facebook, Twitter--nothing for 40 days.  I anxiously awaited her return so I could read all about what she learned.  Her first post back did not disappoint.  It's pure Glenndon.  Loved it. 

4.  Spinach + Artichoke + Bacon Stuffed Pretzels?  Um...yes.  Yes I will be making this recipe!

5.  I know we're closing in on the end of summer, but I think there's still time to try one of these "Official Drinks of Summer".  Yum!

Have a wonderful long weekend!  Enjoy!

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment