PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 25, 2013

In the Blink of an Eye

 Hi Friends,

The girls, Jack, and I managed to sneak back to the lake this week (I'm kind of obsessed, can you tell? I'm desperate to jam in as many trips as I can before summer's end).  The weather was warm, but the water was so, so cold.  We decided to brave it anyway.  Here's Jack pretending that the water was warm and lovely:
 He's a good actor, huh?  At one point, I looked over and all three kids were building a sand castle together:
It literally made my heart squeeze.  It's a scene I have watched many times over the years, and I got a little bit sad wondering how many more times I might get to see them play in the sand together.  I am baffled about where the time has gone.  I want to just squeeze them together and hold the little bit that's left of their childhood in the palm of my hand.  I keep telling them that I'm not ready for them to be grown up, but they just keep getting older.
This time next year, I will be a weepy mess.  Emily will be heading off to college.  Maddie will be heading into her junior year.  Jack will be going into 8th grade. How is that possible?!?  I just know that next year will be here in the blink of an eye.  But until then, I am going to remind myself to enjoy every single moment with my three kiddos.

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment