PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Workspace Wednesday//January 29 Edition


Hi Friends,

I am definitely fortunate to have a huge space to create in.  When it came time to fill my space with furniture and storage, John and I hit the local thrift stores.  We found the filing cabinet and big storage cubby at our local ReStore.  Have you been to a ReStore?  Each store is filled with builder's seconds and all kinds of old office furniture, doors, cabinets, fixtures, etc.  All ReStore proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity.  I love going there to look around.  The filing cabinet had definitely seen better days, but with a little TLC and a whole lot of spray paint, it's better than new.  I love it's happy red color.  The large cubby was donated from an old doctor's office.  John sanded it down and gave it several new coats of white paint.  It is perfect for holding all my odds and ends.  I think the total for both pieces was under $45.  I bought the white rolling rack system for $15 when our local video store went out of business.  I use it to display my mini albums, greeting cards, and other paper goodness.  

Re-purposed storage is the best, isn't it?

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment