PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 1, 2014

One Little Word {Commit} April 2014

commit
"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do 
long after the mood you said it in has left you."  --Trent Shelton

Hi Friends,


Well, four months are done, and I'm still finding "commit" to be a challenge.  This is the point where I stopped blogging about my One Little Word last year.  I'm going to keep plugging away at it this year, though (pretty much only because I picked "commit" as my word this year...).  : )  Here's how I did in April:


Family: 
1.  After dinner family walks.  Yes!  We made it outside for a walk every time we could this month.  Of course, we live in Wisconsin, so we didn't have a ton of nice weather in April.  I'm hoping May is a better weather month (FYI--totally raining outside today).
2.  Two family game nights.  Yes!  We did one with John's mom over Easter weekend, and squeezed the other one in this past weekend.  We love doing these nights together--there's always lots of laughter and teasing.

Health:
1.  CrossFit four times per week.  No.  I made it three times a week throughout April.  I don't think I made it to any Saturday CrossFits in April.
2.  Eat clean.  No.  I went a little off the rails in April, but then put it back together and finished strong.
3.  Sign up for a yoga class with John.  Yes!  It is so fun to do this with John each Thursday morning.  
Budget:
1.  Record all expenditures.  Yes.
2.  Come in on budget.  No.

Creativity:
1.  Make big progress on Mom and Dad's photo albums.  Yes!  I got a big push with this going to the scrapbooking weekend with Tricia.
2. Host two creative get-togethers.  Yes!  Amy, Kris, and I got together to work on a secret project, and I had a few of my high school darlings over to create.

It's so weird that the categories I usually do well in, I kind of faltered in this month.  I guess that's why it's good to check in on goals, huh?

Here are May's goals:

Family:
1. Three date nights with John.  I feel like we got lost in the shuffle of April.
2.  Two family game nights.  We have so much fun doing this.  We need to be intentional about planning nights together.

Health:
1.  Workout 3 times a week in addition to CrossFit.
2.  Eat clean.

Budget:
1.  Record all expenditures.
2.  Come in on budget.

Creative:
1.  Finish the 2000's in mom and dad's books.
2.  Finish my secret project.
3.  Start planning decorations, etc. for Emily's graduation party.

Fresh month, fresh goals.

Let's do this!

XO,

Vicki






No comments:

Post a Comment