PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One Little Word: Commit (June)

commit
"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do 
long after the mood you said it in has left you."  --Trent Shelton

Hi Friends!

I can't believe it's already June 4th--yikes!  Graduation is tomorrow (!!!). I have 4 graudation parties this weekend, Swim Camp starts on Monday and my summer swim team starts next Wednesday.  Life feels a little wobbly right now.  I keep hearing a circus song in my head as I try to juggle everything that is going on right now.  I am a little worried about looking back on my May goals and seeing how I did, mostly because I can't even remember what my May goals were.  (Oops!).  May was a whirlwind, for sure.  Alright, here it goes:

Family:
1. Three date nights with John.  Um.  I don't think so.  We did go out to celebrate our anniversary, so that's a bonus, right?
2.  Two family game nights. No. 

Health:
1.  Workout 3 times a week in addition to CrossFit.  What?!?  Did I really think I was going to do this? I did get to CrossFit, I didn't do much additional working out.  
2.  Eat clean.  I'll give myself a B+ on this.

Budget:
1.  Record all expenditures.  No
2.  Come in on budget.  No

Creative:
1.  Finish the 2000's in mom and dad's books.  Seriously?!?  The whole 2000's???  What was I thinking?  I did finish an entire album and we gave it to Mom for Mother's Day.
2.  Finish my secret project.  Not yet.  Progress was made.
3.  Start planning decorations, etc. for Emily's graduation party.  Yes!

Wow!  That was painful.  But really, what was I thinking?  I spent most of May going to end-of-the-year concerts and awards ceremonies.  I attended a 4 day swim conference.  I hosted out of town guests and a bridal shower.  Most of May felt completely booked with events.  June looks even busier. To that end, I'm going to go easy on myself with the goal setting this month.  I need to come in better than 1/9 in June!

June's Goals:

Family:
1.  Celebrate Emily's Graduation and 18th Birthday in a big way.  
2.  Get out on the boat together!

Health:
1.  CrossFit
2.  Get out on my bike.

Budget:
1.  Make it through this month without killing the budget.

Creative:
1.  Finish my secret project.

Okay, June, bring it on!

XO,
Vicki


No comments:

Post a Comment