PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Perfect 100

 Hi Friends,

A couple of weeks ago John's grandma turned 100 years old!  All of us who have been blessed to be loved by her gathered to celebrate her amazing life.  One hundred years is a long time, and I can honestly say that John's grandma (we all call her "GG", which stands for "Great Grandma") has made the most of them.  She has touched so many people throughout her lifetime.
GG lived with John while he was growing up, and he will be the first to tell you that his life was better because she was a daily part of it.
 (GG with her four kids--John's mom is on the far right)

When I first started dating John, GG immediately welcomed me to the family.  I had an official family Christmas sweater by the first Christmas John and I were together.  I still have it and still wear it.  Fun fact:  my Christmas pattern matched the one she made for herself.  You can see it in the last picture of her on the cake.
 It was so fun to see all of John's side gathered together to celebrate GG.  Check out this picture of GG with all of her great grandkids:
 And I love this one of my three:
I think a lot about what I will be remembered for.  When I think about GG, I think about her card playing skills, all the loaves of fresh-baked bread she baked, clipping coupons, handmade sweaters, hats, and scarves, and the world's best pasta salad.   She taught us about the importance of putting family first.  Everything she does revolves around her family.  That's the best legacy of all, isn't it?
Happy Birthday to an amazing woman.  I love you, GG!

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment