PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 30, 2015

Five for Friday


Hi Friends!

It's Friday and the sun is shining in Wisconsin.  Life is good!  Here are a few things that caught my eye this week--check them out!

1.  I'm thinking of doing this minimalism challenge in February.  I like the premise behind it, and I think some of the days would definitely be a challenge for me.  I know John would be happy about a few of the days, specifically the ones involving being offline.  Number 7 seems ridiculous to me--streamline my reading list???   Anybody want to do this with me?

2.  I am definitely NOT a NASCAR fan, but I am a HUGE Parks and Recreation fan.  This NASCAR commercial is brilliant, especially if you are a fan of Ron Swanson.

3. I have been checking Cubical Refugee's Tumblr page  for years.  There's something about the way she puts the images together--grouped by color--that really appeals to me.  

4. Like so many of you, I loved Serial.  I didn't want it to end, and when it did, I thought it would be easy to find something just as riveting to listen to.  Sadly, it has not been easy to replace.  This chart gives me hope.

5.  My kids are too old to need teacher gifts, but this Emergency Kit is all kinds of cute.  I think it would be fun to send as a going-back-to-college gift.  Random side note:  Emily used to carry a tiny suitcase emergency kit when she went to babysit.  It was adorable.  If you're ever in need of a band-aid, or a pair of scissors or a thumbtack, ask Emily.  She's always well prepared for any emergency. Another random side note:  my mom packed a gorgeous emergency kit filled with everything I might possibly need on my wedding day.  I didn't use a single thing in the kit.  When John and I arrived in Jamaica for our honeymoon, I realized I didn't have any of my makeup--because it was all in the emergency kit. : )

Have a great weekend, friends!

XO,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment