PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Daily Reminders


Hi Friends,

I decided to wear my goals every day in 2015.  It's really hard to claim you lost your way when the reminder is right there on your finger.  I think it's a bit like tying a red string on your finger...except way cuter and more permanent.  And I don't have to remember what the red string was for in the first place.

I had these rings made by the completely fabulous Lisa Leonard.  There was a sale, and I had a coupon, and I went for it. And then I ran to the mailbox every day to see if they were there.  Last week they arrived.  I love them.  They are each handmade, unique, and perfect in their imperfection.   As I slipped them on my finger, I knew they would help remind me what I want to accomplish this year.  I don't have to be perfect, but I have to make progress.  Every day.

The 70x7 ring is a reminder of this Bible verse.  It is important to me to try to be the best kind of Christian I can be every day.  Some days I'm better at it than others.  Some days it's easy to forgive, and some days it seems impossible.  I am a big feeler and a people-pleaser.  My heart gets squished a lot.  Because I'm bad at setting limits on what I will do for people, I often get taken advantage of. When this happens, I need to forgive.  I'm working on this.  This verse reminds me that forgiveness is a constant thing--forgiving someone 270 times is a whole lot, but I'm going to try.

Side note:  last year I bought a little necklace with "commit" on it.  I wore it once and then I lost it.  I think it was a sign.  I already feel like "progress" is a better fit than "commit" ever was.  : )

XO,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment