PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 2, 2015

Progress Report: January 2015 OLW


Hi Friends!

I can't even tell you how excited I was when I discovered the secret bonus of having "Progress" as my One Little Word in 2015:  Yup! I get to name my monthly check-ins "Progress Reports"!  How cute is that?!?  (Yes, this is the kind of stuff I geek out over on a daily basis).  

Anyway.

As I mentioned in this post, I am hoping to see a lot of progress in 2015.  Who doesn't like to see progress when they are working toward a goal?  I think that's why I love ironing and vacuuming--I can immediately see progress when I'm doing those chores.  Something was a wrinkly mess, and now it's smooth.  The floor was covered in Buster hair, now it is not.  Doing those kinds of chores are deeply satisfying to me.  

Two of my "progress" goals are health related.  Because this isn't my first time at the rodeo, I know that getting back in shape is a long process.  I know it doesn't happen overnight, as much as I wish it would.  It involves a stick-to-it attitude.  Some days I see progress, some days I don't.  When I don't, it makes me want to quit.  I don't want to do that in 2015, so I decided to use Elise's charts to track my progress.  It is remarkably satisfying to color in those little circles each night.  My charts don't look like much yet, but I know over the course of a year, they will look amazing.  More importantly, they will show me the progress I made toward accomplishing my 2015 goals.

Goal #1:  More than 100 Ab Mat sit ups every day:

I missed 2 days in January, and I'm kind of bummed about that, but I'm taking Elise's advice and letting it go.  When I picked this goal, I knew I wanted something that could be done at home every day--no excuses.  I toyed with the idea of making it "work out every day" or "go to the Y every day", but in the end, I knew that this goal was the right fit.  I do my sit ups right on the living room floor every day, and every day Buster gets excited when I get down on the floor to do them.  He has learned to give me plenty of space, though, after getting bonked more than once.  By putting "more than" into my goal, I've given myself a little bit of flexibility.  At the beginning, doing 101 sit ups was not fun. Now it's easier.  In February, I will add more each day.

Goal #2:  No Sugar:
This chart is definitely not as full, but in every way, this is the hardest of my three goals.  I feel better when I don't eat sugar.  I know this.  However, I like to eat sugar.  This chart makes me think about whether or not the sugar is worth it.  There is a definite every-other-day pattern going on up there.  Also--last week was not that great, but it's progress, for sure.

Goal #3:  Write Something Every Day:
This is definitely the most fun of my three goals, but no less important to my overall well-being.  The simple fact is that I'm just happier when I'm writing.  Writing has always been a positive outlet for me.  I know that's why blogging has stuck over the years.  Last year I got away from daily writing. This year, I'm making progress.  I include when I blog, but also if I write a card or journal entry.

So that's month one.

Progress was made.

Hooray.

XO,

Vicki

PS  I am starting my Minimalism Challenge tomorrow.  Lots of people are doing it with me, and some have chosen to skip around on the days.  I think I will be more successful if I just go in order. Tomorrow's challenge is staying offline all day (eek!), which means no blogging (or checking email, Twitter, Instagram...).  I will post this week's Uncle Ken Cooking Challenge recipe on Wednesday--it looks like a good one--be sure to stop by and check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment